Charity evaluators award Unbound their highest ratings.
Unbound earns top ratings with dedication to transparency, excellence
Unbound continues to earn top ratings from major charity evaluators including Charity Navigator, which recently awarded the organization its highest rating for strong financial health and commitment to accountability and transparency.
The 4-star rating marks the sixth consecutive year Unbound has earned the distinction. Only 11% of charities evaluated have received at least six consecutive 4-star ratings, Michael Thatcher, president and CEO of Charity Navigator, said.
This exceptional designation from Charity Navigator sets Unbound apart from its peers and demonstrates to the public its trustworthiness.
– Michael Thatcher, president and CEO of Charity Navigator
Marina, grandmother of sponsored child Milagros, relaxes in her home in Ecuador. Because Milagros’ mother suffers from severe arthritis, Marina helps care for the child.
In its evaluation, Charity Navigator looked at Unbound’s financial performance metrics from 2019 such as percentage of program expenses, administrative costs, fundraising and fundraising efficiency. Accountability and transparency performance metrics encompassed 17 standards ranging from practices related to the governing board to financial reporting and information accessible on the organization’s website.
The Charity Navigator recognition is one of several Unbound earned from top charity evaluators.
LEARN MORE ABOUT UNBOUND’S RATINGS
- Charity Navigator: Unbound earned 4 out of 4 stars, with the highest score of 100 in the area of accountability and transparency.
- CharityWatch: Unbound is the only organization in the child sponsorship category to receive an A+.
- BBB Wise Giving Alliance: Unbound meets all 20 rigorous standards for charity accountability.
- GuideStar: Unbound earned the Platinum Seal of Transparency, the highest level of reporting key information to help donors make educated decisions.
- GreatNonprofits: Unbound received the distinction of Top-Rated Nonprofit based on reviews from donors, beneficiaries and volunteers.