North/Central India: Oct. 12-23, 2014
On your trip to India you may do some or all of the following activities:
- Be welcomed by the local staff who will be your hosts for the week, ensuring that your visit is enjoyable
- Spend time with your sponsored friend and possibly the family
- Visit the region where your friend lives in addition to one other region of the country where works
- Visit the homes and communities of sponsored friends and their families, where you will learn about their joys and challenges
- Visit cultural and regional sites of interest in Calcutta, Hyderabad or Delhi
- Experience the vibrant culture and diverse traditions of India reflected in food, art, dance and clothing
The trip fee is $800 per person. Food, lodging and in-country transportation are included. Airfare is not included.
Please register by July 12, 2014, to reserve your spot. If you still wish to register after this date, contact a trip coordinator regarding availability. Although some trips fill up quickly, spots may still be available. Unbound requires at least 12 travelers per trip and will welcome a maximum of 20 travelers on this trip.
Detailed trip information
In order to have a smooth trip, please review the important information in the link provided. You will find information about arrival and departure dates, airport information needed to research flight costs and schedules, entry and exit requirements, information about accommodations, health and medical preparations, and helpful tips about climate and currency.
Please note: The Oct. 2014 trip will be hosted by the northern and central India projects including Dumka, Bhagalpur, Delhi and Hyderabad. The Jan. 2014 trip will be hosted by the southern India projects including Breads, Chennai and Trichy (including Palay). Sponsors should register for the trip that corresponds with their sponsored friend's project.