Nicaragua: Aug. 2-9, 2014
On your trip to Nicaragua you may do some or all of the following activities:
- Be welcomed by the local staff who will be your hosts for the week, ensuring that your visit is enjoyable
- Spend time with your sponsored friend and possibly the family
- Visit the homes and communities of sponsored friends and their families, where you will learn about their joys and challenges
- Observe the beauty of Nicaragua's volcanoes, lakes, mountains and people
- Witness the blend of colonial history and present-day Nicaraguan society
The trip fee is $500 per person. Food, lodging and in-country ground transportation are included. Airfare is not included.
Please register by June 2, 2014, to reserve your spot. If you still wish to register after this date, contact a CFCA trip coordinator regarding availability. Although some trips fill up quickly, spots may still be available. Unbound requires at least 12 travelers per trip and will welcome a maximum of 30 travelers on this trip.
Detailed trip information
In order to have a smooth trip, please review the important information in the link provided. You will find information about arrival and departure dates, airport information needed to research flight costs and schedules, entry and exit requirements, information about accommodations, health and medical preparations, and helpful tips about climate and currency.
Please note: The regions visited by the Nicaragua awareness trips vary. Please refer to the third page of the Trip Information document to help you select the trip that will visit the region where your sponsored friend lives. However, sponsors will have the opportunity to meet their sponsored friend on either of the trips.