Kenya: Feb. 15-26, 2014
On your trip to Kenya you may do some or all of the following activities:
- Be welcomed by the local staff who will be your hosts for the week, ensuring that your visit is enjoyable
- Spend time with your sponsored friend and possibly the family
- Visit the homes and communities of sponsored friends and their families, where you will learn about their joys and challenges
- From Nairobi, travel along the Great Rift Valley and through agricultural areas to visit the people of Kisumu
- Share the joy of the people through song and dance
- View Kenyan wildlife during a morning safari tour
The trip fee is $800 per person. Food, lodging and in-country transportation are included. Airfare is not included. Unbound requires at least 12 travelers per trip and will welcome a maximum of 20 travelers on this trip. Please register by Dec. 15, 2013, to reserve your spot. If you still wish to register after this date, contact a trip coordinator regarding availability. Although some trips fill up quickly, spots may still be available.
Detailed trip information
In order to have a smooth trip, please review the important information in the link provided. You will find information about arrival and departure dates, airport information needed to research flight costs and schedules, entry and exit requirements, information about accommodations, health and medical preparations, and helpful tips about climate and currency.
Please note: The Feb. 2014 trip will visit the Kisumu and Nairobi projects. A trip later in 2014 will visit the Kampala, Uganda project and the Nairobi, Kenya project. Regardless of the trip chosen, sponsors will have the opportunity to meet their sponsored friend from any Kenyan project.