Southern India: Jan. 8-19, 2014
On your trip to India you may do some or all of the following activities:
The trip fee is $800 per person.
- Be welcomed by the local staff who will be your hosts for the week, ensuring that your visit is enjoyable
- Travel within the southernmost Indian state of Tamil Nadu and its capital city of Chennai
- Spend time with your sponsored friend and possibly the family
- Visit the homes and communities of sponsored friends and their families, where you will learn about their joys and challenges
- Experience the vibrant and diverse traditions of India reflected in food, art, dance and clothing
Food, lodging and in-country transportation are included. Airfare is not
Please register by Oct. 8, 2013, to reserve your spot. If you still wish to register after this date, contact a trip coordinator regarding availability. Although some trips fill up quickly, spots may still be available. Unbound requires at least 12 travelers per trip and will welcome a maximum of 20 travelers on this trip.
Detailed trip information
In order to have a smooth trip, please review the important information in the link provided. You will find information about arrival and departure dates, airport information needed to research flight costs and schedules, entry and exit requirements, information about accommodations, health and medical preparations, and helpful tips about climate and currency.
Please note: The Jan. 2014 trip will be hosted by the southern India projects including Breads, Chennai and Trichy (including Palay). The Oct. 2013 and Oct. 2014 trips will be hosted by the northern and central India projects including Bhagalpur-Dumka, Bhagalpur, Delhi and Hyderabad. Sponsors should register for the trip that corresponds with their sponsored friend's project.